Monday, March 8, 2010

This is for women only: I'm a girl and thick hair started to grow in weird places ...is this normal?

OK, I know this sounds terrible, please don't laugh. Hair started to grow right below my navel, and it looks gross. It also started growing around my nipples. Is this normal? I feel less than feminine, and sad and ugly. I'm even afraid of having sex, I don't want guys running away of my ugly tummy and boobs. I tried plucking the hair out but they are growing under my skin, so that left lots of small red spots. Had this ever happened to you? What did you do? Help!!!This is for women only: I'm a girl and thick hair started to grow in weird places ...is this normal?
Hi, Your not alone, Lots of women get hair in those area's sometimes it's a normal thing but it could be caused by taking birth control medication and sometimes a more serious problem with your thyroid or just some kind of imbalance with your hormones. I would make an appointment with your doctor just to make sure, but you'll be fine. As for me I always pluck the ones around my nipples and shave the ones below my navel. OK, no one has to know you do this but I guarantee someone you know has had the same problem, just because we are women doesn't mean we can't get hair anywhere that men do,so just don't worry with it, besides any man worth having wont be bothered with such things. So take care and good luck!This is for women only: I'm a girl and thick hair started to grow in weird places ...is this normal?
yes this is normal for some girls...i know for me i grow hair under my neck, and i just shave it off. when i was little people would always come up to me and try to grab it and i would just get all embarrassed. just be glad you arent growing a mustache or a beard! i would just shave it off and see what happens, and dont get embarrassed!
If you didn't have them before check with a doctor cause it may be a sign of hormones inbalance. If it's not medical you can always wax them, if it makes you feel better.
No this hasn't happened to me. I think, you must be producing too much testosterone, a male hormone. Are you taking birth control pills? I have known women who took the pill and grew hair on their face and had to have it waxed. When they stopped the pill, the hair returned to normal not noticeable. If you are taking the pill, this could be the reason. Maybe you need a lighter dose.
I had several wild hairs grow in on my nipples and under my chin after starting birth control pills. If you are on the pill talk to your gyno and if you're not on the pill then have your hormones checked. Usually hirtsuism is caused by excessive testesterone. Yes, girls have testosterone too.
YES ITS VERY NORMAL I DONT KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE BUT IN YOUR 30 AND SOMETIMES EARLIER THIS HAPPENS TO EVERY WOMEN IT IS A HOMONE THING. I ALSO GET THEM ON NIPPLES AND UNDER JAWLINE AND SOMETIMES AT THE CORNERS OF MY TOP LIP . PLUCKING DONT HELP I JUST USE MY RAZOR IN THE SHOWER . THEY WONT STOP COMEING ITS JUST PART OF LIFE
i get little hairs on my belly like that, i just wax them. its not that weird its just hormones.. if you do wax test a small area to make sure youre not alergic





good luck
Hiyah.....





It could be normal if you're still going through puperty, taking any contraceptives (oral, injection etc) or even pregnancy. You havent mentioned your age.... i think the best advice anyone could offer you is to speak to your doctor.......





Women go through changes as they grow older and the balance of oestrogen and testosterone levels will have an affect on the body. Every woman is different, depending on genetics etc. Your doctor will be able to help you with your concerns and tell you if there is any imbalance in your hormones.





Good luck....
Whats your nationality? Might sound weird, but people of Spanish and Indian backgrounds (pretty much darker nationalities) do tend (not always) to get hairs like your are describing (or just dark haired people in general...). I have some Indian in me and yes, I have the same things you are discribing. It is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment